Wedding Photographer York // York Wedding Photographer – Luke Bell Photography
Hi there, as you’ve probably already guessed I’m Luke and I’m a wedding photographer based in the beautiful city of York.
Funnily enough I actually only settled here after living in New Zealand for a number of years – which is where I really learned my trade as a photographer: Bungy jumping, jet boating, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, marathons, V8 supercars, lakes, mountains, world heritage sites, vineyards, paragliding and even the occasional wedding(!) were just some of the incredible subjects I was lucky enough to capture.
In my work, I’m always trying to balance two different intentions: the first being images which need no explanation; where the story, moment, and emotion is clear and powerful. The second are photos with a bit of mystery behind them; where the circumstances aren’t totally obvious and your imagination is left to fill in the story. Wedding days provide a unique opportunity to do both when you’re at your best; with everyone you care about in the world.
Photographing weddings isn’t just a full-time occupation for me, it’s something I’m genuinely passionate about and I’m constantly striving to create images that are fun, interesting and beautiful while meaning something special to my clients as well. I’m also a firm believer that great wedding photography should be about telling the story of your day too – documenting you both just as you are with no awkward poses, no annoying requests for more shots – just the two of you captured in your moment with your closest friends and family in an easy-going and unobtrusive manner.
So if you’d like to find out more then get in touch – as I feel very lucky you’ve stumbled upon my website, and I do hope we can work together. And while I’m proudly based in Yorkshire, I’m available for commission anywhere within the UK or beyond.
- Eamon & Rebecca | Leeds Country Wedding
- Eamon & Rebecca | Sicklinghall, Leeds Wedding
- Lauren | Leeds Castle Wedding Photography
- Lauren & Lisa | Leeds Castle Wedding
- Danny | Yorkshire Wedding & Portrait Photographer
- Emma & Oly | Creative Wedding Photography in York
- Nav | Groom Portrait
- Nav | Leeds Wedding Groom Prep
- Vinita & Nav | Leeds Fusion Wedding
- Settrington Wedding Photography
- Louis & Lucy | North Yorkshire Engagement Shoot
- Louis & Lucy | Ampleforth Engagement Shoot
- Sutton Bank, North Yorkshire – Pre Wed Shoot
- Juliette | Wedding Photographer York | Luke Bell Photography
- Yorkshire Wedding Photography | Luke Bell Photography
- Jules | Wedding Photographer Yorkshire
- York Engagement Photographer | Luke Bell Photography
- York & Leeds Wedding Photographer | Luke Bell Photography
- York Portrait Photography
- Pre-Wed Shoot York
Full Day Wedding Photography Package:
I like to keep things nice and simple so I only offer a single photography package that delivers you perfect photos for your special day – with no hidden costs or extra charges for things like travel, food or more hours:
* 2 x pre-wedding consultations: 1 for our initial meeting, usually over a cup of tea, a pint, email, phone or Skype (whatever works for you!) so I can better understand your requirements for the day and we can get to know each other better. And then another just prior to the wedding itself to finalise all the details (group shots, locations, timings etc)
* All day photography coverage starting with the preparations (at least 90 mins prior to the service) and lasting right up until the end of the night:
- Photography of the ceremony and reception venues
- Images of the ceremony itself (permitting)
- Series of portrait shoots of you and your partner
- Images of the reception (speeches, cake cutting, first dance…)
- A combination of beautiful, natural portraits combined with less intrusive documentary images of you, your family and your guests enjoying themselves.
* Careful & professional editing of all your images ready for delivery to you within 30 days
* Over 450 final edited images will be supplied in a mixture of colour and B&W formats via USB and come complete with a personal copyright waiver so you can print and share.
* An awesome little downloadable slideshow of my favourite selected images from your big day
* Secure online gallery hosting of all your images for 12 months after your wedding – a great way to ensure you always have easy access to your photos wherever you are, while also allowing you, your friends and families to easily download, order prints, create albums and other products of the images too
Follow Luke Bell Photography:
- Becs covered in confetti, Eamon unconsciously playing with his new wedding band and 180 guests trying to dodge the rain while walking through a gorgeous little village on their way to the reception = a whole lot of fun. Yesterday was awesome. #lukebellphotography #canon #wedding #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer #bride #confetti #yorkshire #instalove #junebugweddings
- Pre-wed love with these two #lukebellphotography #canon #yorkshire #york #suttonbank #wedding #weddingphotographer #weddingphotography #bride #engagement #35mm
- Another week away from Rose and @kathiebell 😕
- Today's wedding entertainment was a little different to say the least #lukebellphotography #weddingphotographer #weddingphotography #leeds #yorkshire #weddinginspiration
- Perfect moments and bucket loads of love #lukebellphotography #canon #canon_photos #magmod #pocketwizard #love #wedding #weddingday #bride #instalove #weddinginspiration #huffpostweddings #junebugweddings #35mm #weddingphotographer #weddingphotography
- 'Twas a great wedding yesterday – Emma and Oly enjoying a moment at the end of a great day #lukebellphotography #canon #85mm #5d3 #portrait #wedding #love #weddingday #bride #groom #weddinginspiration #instalove #york #yorkshire
- Get 'em started young #lukebellphotography #canon #5d3 #sigma #35mm
- This little thing is way too distracting when you've got a load of work to do #lukebellphotography #portrait
- These dudes #lukebellphotography #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer #brideandgroom #junebugweddings #instagood #blackandwhite #bride #wedding #instalove #weddinginspiration #yorkshire #weddingphotographeryork
- @andy_the_gaines looking for the good light in Norfolk last Saturday #lukebellphotography #canon #wedding #weddingday #sillouette #sunset #instagood #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer